Skip to main content

Find!

It's usually a bit of a test of determination to browse through the charity shops - for dresses and skirts etc - when you are a man.  Other people, the volunteers who work there, those that notice, they know.  The least stressy shop is Cancer Research - as a transgender person works there.  It's odd we've never had a chat.

Today I was particularly hoping to find clothes with animal print fabrics.  It probably sounds ridiculous but I've always felt a bit threatened by the people who wear them - so maybe it was my turn to demystify the effect, by wearing those kind of clothes myself.  Cross-dressing helps to explore the powerful effects of clothing, the 'otherness' that is designed in.

No, nothing.  Half a dozen places and not one single piece of clothing with a tiger, leopard, panther pattern.  WTF?

At the very last shop I did realise a long-time dream and came across a stylish, hand-stitched wedding dress.  It was a shock, so elegantly beautiful, my heart-rate speeded up instantly.  It was an immediate 'must have' purchase. 

Even if it didn't fit I still had to have it : )

Finding it was such a thrill but after putting it on I so want to get married right this minute.

.