Skip to main content

Security has gone

The demolition site at the factory at the end of my road is quiet on Saturdays and the foreman, Gordon, let me take photos there a couple of months back.  I am nervous about asking for a favour but the destruction levels and number of heaps visible from outside the perimter fence at the back meant I had to go ask.  I loiterered at the site entrance for a while then headed to where the security guy, Dom (or Don, I didn't quite catch what he said) lives in a caravan - with his pit bull.  But no-one was around.  A couple of guys stipping asbestos in the distance eventually noticed me so I waved and went over.  He said I needed to ask security.  I waited a while more, took some shots around the back, noticed for future reference a small hole in the fencing (if I can get across a ditch filled with brackish water and tall weeds first).

 Maybe Sunday.