Skip to main content

1047

Despite the forecasts of persistant rain - which were quite accurate - I was feeling restless and needed to be taking pictures rather than stay in another day browsing eBay for girl things.  So today consisted of a six hours and a sixty miles round trip to the massive A46 dual carriageway site.  Sundays are the only practicable day of the week to have a crack at these places when they are (almost) desterted - but I was still edgy about the security prescence.  But I was determined to get over there - feel the fear and do it anyway - and managed to explore a couple of miles of it in the drizzle.

I'm impressed that the two digital cameras kept going despite constantly getting rain on them - which I was mopping off the bodies and lenses with tissues and t-shirt.  They looked a state by the finish and cleaning the lens surfaces was a nightmare when I got back and warmed up.  The little W380 lens is looking pretty unhappy now : (

While there I found shelter in a drainage pipe and under a tree  - here's a couple of sweep shots - while waiting for the rain to slow.  I don't look at the results anymore but here's a frame fired off when cleaning the lens of the little digicam.  As always accidental frames have a lovely quality to them.