Skip to main content

Supermodels' pay

This week off work has been shattering - with the bike brakes overhaul (gone wrong) and TWO fashion shoots.

After breakfast I went to the supermarket and picked up some 15 denier gloss tights with a slight warm tint (called sunkissed or sunblessed or somesuch - they are amazing : )  Someone at work wears these sort and they make her legs look great.  So, any help I can get I'm taking it.  On the way out I saw a transgender male to female, looking fab, only the slightly over-dainty walk giving a clue at the change in gender presenting.  I smiled and tried to catch her eye to say 'hi' (not sure what after that as it's not quite a successful compliment to say 'you look great' when it's evident you know they are not actually a genetic female - which is a reminder of failure to be entirely convincing).  But, as I would be in her place, she was aware of the danger of eye contact with passing strangers and hurried on by to do her shopping.

Home and SIX HOURS straight through of dressing up and shot after shot.  I stand 3 m from the camera and walk over to set the timer then back again - that's at least 6 m per shot.  400 shots x 6m = 2.4 Km?  And putting on different outfits that's at least another K.  So, I'm estimating at least 3.5 Km IN 5" HEELS.

Models and supermodels might not have to do the walking back and forwards but if I met one (in the supermarket, say) and got chatting I'd sincerely express my awe at their tough job.  They'd assume I'm taking the piss.  No.  Whatever they are paid, they earn it.