Skip to main content

Other camera

I forgotten I'd 'upgraded' (sort of) to a (refurbed) dSLR last month that I'd not used yet, so took it along tonight to use it for the first time.  The site near the bottom of my road has easy access at the moment through a metal fence panel that is not bolted to the surrounding sections (not sure why) and so it can be opened out to permit access.  I did have to wait for quarter of an hour to get in as it's a visible location from the first tee of a golf course and any golfer with a beady eye, a social conscience and a mobile phone would have been probably ringing the police as soon as I snuck in.  Or am I stereotyping golfers? There seemed to be a lot of them, that's for sure.  Eventually I got in.

I sort of based my exposures on a combination of the playback on the screen and the histogram, and still managed to fuck up most of the exposures.  It's a learning curve, I guess.  And my long time camera, a Sony R1, was silent (APS sized sensor but no mirror), this camera lets everyone in the surrounding neighbourhood know I'm around. Blimey, I'll have to wrap a jumper around it.