Skip to main content

framing objects in opposite directions

In my ignorance yesterday with the first couple of images taken inside one of the disused old factory buildings I'd been startled to see roof girders and panes surrounding the rectangle of the mirror frame -  'what's all that?' before thinking to look above my head to see what was obviously being included. When taking these outside it had just been sky. So from then on I was thinking about the framing in three dimensions. It wasn't just about attempting to square up a frame around the floor objects in front of the camera placed on the ground, but also try and align, or misalign, to some extent with the overlapping elements high above my head.

I was also dialling down the EV to hold onto dark tonalities with a lot of these floor shots.